We couldn't be any happier to share that Hunter is going to be a big brother! I have to admit that this time around took a little bit longer than trying the first go round. When you go from trying literally one time for your 1st one, you think that the next time will happen just as quick. Nope not this one. I guess I can blame myself for being a little stressed with moving into the new house. Not that it was that stressful afterwards but I guess from all the changes we needed to go through moving to a new city and everything that comes with it. Of course, everyone tells you to "just relax, it will happen" or "just don't think about it". Seriously. You can't tell someone who is struggling to get pregnant those things. Not that it didn't work for me because I do think deep down that is what actually happened for me and ended up to be true. I didn't pay any attention and found out that week out after Hunter and I got back from visiting my family in Charlotte over the holidays! What a way to bring in the new year!
Our due date is scheduled to be around the 1st week of September (or maybe even earlier, still trying to figure out my EDD) which is the week right before Hunter's birthday! I already spoke to my doctor about making sure that this baby will not be anywhere near Hunter's birthday so he assured me that we will take care of that when it gets closer =) I need for my babies to have different birthday's. They maybe sharing the same parties but not the same day! Anyway, we are so excited that Hunter will not be an only child and will have someone to play with (yes, I worried about this). With Hunter, I had zero sickness at all. Guess what? Zero sickness with this one too! I do consider myself pretty lucky in this department, hence the reason why I enjoy being pregnant =) So far it is starting off exactly like it did with Hunter. Just tired and hungry! Another reason why I haven't written on here in awhile! We still have a little while before we find out what we are having. To me, I am fine with either a boy or girl but I know that Sean has his heart set on a girl because he keeps bringing up girl names to me and have actually picked one that we both agree on! We also have a name chosen if it's a boy.
Hunter definitely senses that something is up. In fact, when we got back from Charlotte (and while we were there), he would lift up my shirt alot and want to pat it. Sometimes he would even want to lay on my belly with my shirt up and he has never done that before so I think Hunter definitely knew before I did! I also ask him all the time, "where is his baby" " so that he thinks that he is a part of this and he points to my belly and then I ask him "where's the "big boy?" and he points to himself. Then we both stick out our bellies and he cracks up!
Hunter definitely senses that something is up. In fact, when we got back from Charlotte (and while we were there), he would lift up my shirt alot and want to pat it. Sometimes he would even want to lay on my belly with my shirt up and he has never done that before so I think Hunter definitely knew before I did! I also ask him all the time, "where is his baby" " so that he thinks that he is a part of this and he points to my belly and then I ask him "where's the "big boy?" and he points to himself. Then we both stick out our bellies and he cracks up!

2 comments:
Congratulations Laurie!! That's so exciting! And how funny that you are due at right about the same time as Hunter's birthday.
Yeah that wasn't part of the plan! LOL but I guess that was the way it was supposed to be. Thanks!
Post a Comment