Powered By Blogger

January 18, 2014

It's 2014!

So far 2014 has been going pretty well.  Tyler is thriving every day and can't believe he is going to be 5 months very soon.  He sits up (almost unsupported) and is really becoming aware of his world. Remember how I told you how much of a sleeper he is...well, not so much. He gets his usual morning nap and now only takes one nap in the afternoon (opposed to 2).  He is so intrigued into playing and wanting to be learning more in his new world that he could care less so by the time 6:30 pm comes around he is pooped.  I try and feed him cereal around that time so that he has an extra full belly but if he falls asleep in his bouncer while Hunter is getting a bath then I'm like oh well.  On average, with or without the cereal he will sleep in his crib about 7 hours.  Then when he wakes in the middle of the night I bring him back in the bed with us.  I know that soon I need to break this habit but I really enjoy this.  I tell Sean all the time that if this is our last baby, that I'm going to enjoy every bit of him!  Haha.  He doesn't mind but he does ask me every now and then how long its gonna last and I just tell him when I'm ready I will keep him in his crib all night. Haha. It's so funny how from having Hunter I was so adamant about him not being in the bed and creating a habit to now where I'm just a bit more relaxed about it. I'm almost there but not quite yet.  Tyler and Hunter are both doing really great together.  They love each other so much.  It makes my heart melt every time I see some sort of interaction between them.  Here is a video that I ended up catching the end of Tyler cracking up at Hunter running back and forth across the room. I'm sure you all are like me, by the time I catch them doing something, its almost too late.  I'm always ready just seems like I'm 2 minutes too late! 







I have also started working at a job from home.  It wasn't absolutely necessary for me to do this but someone from my former firm asked me to help her with some job recruiting for her own agency where I could do it part time and remotely.  So of course, I said why not?!  I was actually getting to the point of wanting to do "something" not just to make an income but something where I was feeling like I was important or contributing to society in someway.  I know. It's been a little hard adjusting from working full time to being home now so now that I have been officially off "maternity leave", I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do and I found it!  On top of this, I had to make a decision and put Hunter back in school full time instead of the part time that he was going every week.  It was tough for me and I felt pretty guilty because that was the whole point of me not going back to work so that I could be with the boys but honestly,  Hunter does very well in school.  I was realizing that the days that he was there (part time) that he was coming home and listening to me very well and also he was eating more there than he was at home. Hunter is such a picky eater and when I would come to pick him up the teachers would brag about him eating so well (like green beans and carrots!!!) where I was like no way!! He doesn't even touch them at home.  After learning about him doing so well there, I realized that it was "OK" for me to have him there full time and then I can just go pick him up around 3:30.  Plus, after I talked to his director at his school she convinced me that leaving him a couple more hours than what I did before wasn't so bad because he takes a nap for 2.5 hours during that time.  Sean is still working as much as he can because I'm working strictly off commission but at the same time everything seems to be balancing perfectly.  At the same time, I am still grateful to be home and have flexibility with my children and would not trade this for anything.  I am so happy that I am able to be close to them (even if Hunter is up the street in school) and be able to work at the same time whereas before I felt so trapped and had zero flexibility.

I meant to write about this is my last blog but Marley has decided to move onto another home.  I knew it was a matter of time because he started coming home for dinner less and less.  I do feel bad because I feel like I failed as a pet owner but at the same time, I'm relieved.  It's a lot with 2 kids and 2 pets.  Millie is pretty high maintenance herself but she was my first "baby" so I am not ever complaining about her and plus she is really great with the boys. Anyway, so we just have Millie now.  From time to time, Hunter will casually mention the "kitty" and we just tell him that he is at a new home and he is okay. We will miss him and glad that he is happier with a new family that can give him more attention that we could (that's what makes me sad).

Sean bought me an Elliptical machine for Christmas and I'm working out like crazy to lose the rest of this baby weight.  I have taken a Before photo and I'm giving myself a 2 months to lose this weight.  It's so hard when you breastfeed because I feel starving all the time or at least in my case but I'm determined to lose the rest of this weight and will keep you guys posted.  So in 2 months, you will see the Before and After photo.

Here's a couple more photos of the boys that Sean took while watching them one day while I needed to go train for my new job.  So cute.  

Another "Paci" photo where Hunter needed to have his too.  

Tyler gives great head massages..  =)


No comments: